Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Second helping?

Lasagna always been one of my favourite but never really into making one myself.

So today, I decided to try making one. I searched on the internet and they have quite a few version but I like one with white sauce and am glad that this that I tried is really good.

Photobucket

What you need (recipe taken from San Remo)

Meat Sauce
Ingredients

1 onion, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
500g minced beef
5 tbsp tomato pate
800g canned tomatoes
2 cups chicken stock
Salt, pepper and nutmeg for seasoning.

Method

Heat oil in saucepan. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cooked till soft.

Add beef and cook till brown.

Stir in tomato paste and tomatoes and chicken stock.

Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.

Cover and simmer for 20 mins.

White sauce Ingredients

2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
125g mozzella cheese

Method

Melt butter and stir in flour. Cook for 2 mins over gentle heat.

Remove from heat and stir in milk.

Return to heat and cook till thick and smooth.

Stir constantly.

Season with salt, pepper.

Add mozzarella cheese and stir over low heat till cheese melts.

Assemble

Preheat oven to 180 °C.

Pour ½ cup of meat sauce into a lightly greased baking dish. Alternate layers of lasagna (instant lasagna), meat and cheese sauces, ending with cheese sauce.

Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, bake for 35 – 40 mins.

Let stand 5 min before serving
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Lasagna! *grace's eyes popping out liao* My fav!

    Well done edith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Edith,

    Do you have the recipe to this?
    I would definitely love to try a lasagna with white sauce...

    I love reading your blog too..I envy your hubby & kids...
    Hope my hubby & son will be as happy whenever I cook for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have inserted the recipe (taken from San Remo Instant Lasagna)

    Grace, try this, really very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith, ur lasagne looks great! I used "instant"lasagne once in the past. But it wasnt really cooked thru at the end of cooking. Do we have to cover the lasagne dish b4 putting into the oven with foil? Instant means no need to pre-cook, right? Just put the uncooked lasagne sheets straight into the baking dish n assemble with the sauce? Hope u can advise. Thks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi IC, you don't have to precooked the lasagne or cover it. Just follow the instruction you will be fine. I believe some of the readers have tested it and they like it.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi IC, you don't have to precooked the lasagne or cover it. Just follow the instruction you will be fine. I believe some of the readers have tested it and they like it.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edith, ur lasagne looks great! I used "instant"lasagne once in the past. But it wasnt really cooked thru at the end of cooking. Do we have to cover the lasagne dish b4 putting into the oven with foil? Instant means no need to pre-cook, right? Just put the uncooked lasagne sheets straight into the baking dish n assemble with the sauce? Hope u can advise. Thks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin