Thursday, August 24, 2006

Not giving up

Some time back, I brought home some cream cheese bun from L. My family was madly in love with it. This is the first time, my hubby wanted to bring some to the office as his breakfast. My kids were asking for more. Since I bought a block of cream cheese for my cupcakes, I might as well use some to make these lips smacking buns for breakfast. This is my first time attempting such a "complicated" recipe. I wasn't at all confident about it, but the longing over rides the unsureness. Firstly, my bread doesn't seems to fluff up after the first proofing. Upon filling in the cheese, my bun still didn't fluff on the second proofing. I don't know whether the fault lies in me not cring wrapping it. Since I got to leave for dinner, I let these buns proof much longer in cring wrap, hoping that it will double in size when I get back. Still, nothing happened. With a sense of uneasiness, I finished the last step and hope for the best. Finally, my Cream Cheese Bun is out of the oven. It was a disappointment. My bun truly didn't fluffed. The taste is good but the texture of the bun sucks. I must consult my "teacher" and see what went wrong. Definitely not giving up. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Edith, yozyoz, i noe how u feel leh, me one good example. haha! always never fail to fail. hehe, But let's not give up ya? We shall perservere together!! U have me always supporting u! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracio, I join you to give Edith moral support. It happened to me many times (eg, my dragon sugar paste modeling).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a case of dead yeast to me...lol~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dead yeast? How to tell whether it is alive or dead? ie before I get started. Care to share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, I'm also guessing the yeast is dead. To test, sprinkle abt a tespoon yeast over 1/4 cup of warm water(dissolve some sugar in the water 1st). Live yeast would dissolve and form a frothy liqud within anbt 10 mins. if you get a brown, foamless, thin liquid, it's probably dead.

    Don't give up ya, give you moral support here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. to test the yeast, put about 2 tsps of yeast in 1/4 cup (a few Tbpfuls) of lukewarm water. After 5 mins, you should see the water turn frothy, then the yeast is alive.
    Don't worry, accident always happens, that's where we learn and do better next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Angie and Gattina, I will try another batch once I get home from my hols.

    Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin