Thursday, August 31, 2006

Meme: 5 things to eat before I die

Photobucket Thanks Grace for tagging me on this meme. Initiated by The Traveler's Lunchbox. To be honest, I ever thought of how I wanted my ashes to be dealt with but never really came to my mind what I wanted to eat before I die. I once remembered when I was down with chicken pox, my mom said that I got to go on a 100 days special diet of no seafood, no chicken (in case it is a rooster), no beef, no black sauce and blah blah. Don't ask me the reason behind each "BANNED". By the 2nd months, I was going crazy. So though I am not a foodie, but I think I got more than 5 items from that experience. Here goes my list .... 1. Braised mushroom. One of my mom's specialty. Simply lip smacking. 2. Chwee Kueh. A steam rice cake with preserved pickles and garlic and not forgetting that big heapful of chillies. Somehow, this goes so well with chillies. Mind you, only from selected stalls. 3. Char Siew/Roast Pork. Though I missed the traditional roast pork stall in Chinatown where they displayed the full roasted pig in their shop. Some years back, a couple from HongKong established themselves near my hubby's office and they were able to produce nearly the same quality. Simply awesome! 4. Durian! (A thorny tropical fruit but with hidden treasure). Either you love it or hate it. For me, I simply love it. Durian with gluntinous rice, durian pengat, durian crepe, durian pudding, durian cheesecake, durian ice cream. Alas, anything with durian should be able to curb that dying wish. 5. Dark Bitter Chocolate. Love it as bitter as it can be. Luckily, I am the only one into dark chocolate so I don't have to fight it out with my kids and hubby. Oh no, end of my 5 items. Hey I got more to come..... maybe another meme with 10? Now, I would love to tag: Aunty Yochana, a great baker that I inspired to be. Suyin, the ever so creative and innovative mind. Eatzycath, simply love her sense of humour and a great photography skill. Cupcake Queen, one of my great inspirer for my cupcake fantasies.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. thanks, E, for tagging me but I must confess that I'm quite hopeless with memes... but will try very hard to remember to do this one :-)

    by the way, durians and good bitter chocolate are a fantastic way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, another Durian lover besides of Angie :D
    Chwee Kueh sounds very tempting to me, esp after reading your discription on that chillies... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, another Durian lover besides of Angie :D
    Chwee Kueh sounds very tempting to me, esp after reading your discription on that chillies... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, another Durian lover besides of Angie :D
    Chwee Kueh sounds very tempting to me, esp after reading your discription on that chillies... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, E, for tagging me but I must confess that I'm quite hopeless with memes... but will try very hard to remember to do this one :-)

    by the way, durians and good bitter chocolate are a fantastic way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin