Sunday, August 06, 2006

Marathon

I worked so hard in this fund raising event held in my son's school. Usually school fund raising is a half day affair but for this one, the school decided to have a FULL day event and it was a big affair. The school was turned into a big huge playground with so many activities. The grand finale ended with a concert and a buffet spread. As I was in charged of one of the novelty stall, I was busy attending meetings and discussions. The days of all our planning and co-ordinating finally came to an end. In a way, I was glad and also was nervous. I promised to have 6 dozens of cupcakes delivered to the school by 8:30am on Saturday. Guess what, those recipes that I have been working so hard during the past months, all went up in smokes! My hard disk failed me and all data just disappeared. Armed with nothing, I had to start all over again. So here is my Oreo Cupcake Photobucket my Chocolate Cupcake Photobucket and my Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Gettng them "dressed up" should be fun but since I lost all my precious recipes, I wasn't so excited after all. Those recipes was what I picked up randomly. I ended up working till 3am. Wasn't too happy with my results on the first half of my cupcakes. I got out of bed at 5am to continue. I tried out another method and it flopped. I was devasted and panicky. I prayed so hard to get another round going and phew, finally I did it. Photobucket Photobucket At the end of the night, though I was extremely exhausted. I was really pleased with myself. My novelty stall was a big hit with the kids and we were the first to "closed up" as we managed to sold off all the fishes. The last check on my cupcakes at 3pm, it left only 5 pcs. As much as I wished they had disappeared off the counter quickly. Guess, one can't asked for too much. There is this special lady, P whom I would love to thank. She stayed behind to help us out, way above her role as a supplier. I am so truly touched by her sincerity and generousity. Thanks P! you are a great pal. I went home feeling really happy as my effort was paid off and I also had a very good surprise. A classmate that I lost touch with since I left school was in the carnival as well (as a volunteer). That is a good 24 years ago! Wow, I am so happy and I bet there will be lots of catching up real soon.
Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. Well done Edith ! Nice cupcakes. Can I ask you a question, do you use "fan oven" to bake your cupcakes?

    Cheers,
    Alice T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith,very well done cupcakes! Amazed at ur strength to continue work @ 5am when U stopped @ 3am!!!

    Pui Fok, Pui Fok! :) Glad ur hardwork pay off! Happy for u! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alice, Mine is a fan oven.

    Grace, nothing to pui fok. It was the commitment that prompt me to complete it. Next time, must have better planning and BURN all my recipes into CD. greatest regrets is that I lost all my kids' pix that cannot be replaced. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith, glad to know your stall i a hit, proves your cupcakes are popular too :). Well done.

    Love all your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! So many pretty cupcakes! you are so good at decorating

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith, firstly please get an external harddisk for all those recipes and memories.
    Secondly, I am real proud of u, with 2 kids to care for and 6 dozen cupcakes to make and not to mention ice and with recipes up in smoke, u did real well. Bravo! to have a great mom and wife like u!
    What can I say but SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty, aunty edith.

    ur recipe index is a bit fumbly now...or is it just my computer...hmmmmm. all the recipes have seemed to disappear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Angie and Diddy for the kind encouragements.

    Yeap Audrey Cooks, I learnt my lesson badly. I have to make very sure that it won't ever happen again. And I am really flattered by your compliment. I am just trying my best, me no great mom and wife lah.

    Amrita, thanks for informing me. The problem has been rectified.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noooo, very cute cupcakes♡
    It's waste to eat!!
    But also looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Noooo, very cute cupcakes♡
    It's waste to eat!!
    But also looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a lovely cupcakes! Glad that your hardwork paid off and met up with an old pal as extra bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Edith,
    Thanks goodness everything turned out so good finally! Yes, your cupb cakes (even before frosting) looked fantastic to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi, very nice and cute cupcakes! appeals to both kids and adults!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin