Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Phew, it's finally over

Photobucket I was so delighted when I finally got hold of this very much acclaimed drama serial, Da Chang Jin (Jewel in the Palace) from Korea. I know you must be laughing as I think this is last year must talk about show and I do agree that I am definitely behind time. This serial is so well-known and successful that I was told it has since been translated to Mandarin, Cantonese, Thai and Tagalog. I might missed out more. Heard so much good review about this drama , even one of the SAP school instructed all their "O" level students to watch it. There I was thinking, "wow, then no matter what, I got to get hold of it. Die die must watch" Though it was broadcasted on television but due to the timing, I couldn't make it. So when my dear sister's friend offer to lend it to me, I was so overjoyed. From 1 July, I was juggling between kids, home, cooking, cleaning and WATCHING TV. I needed to complete it within a week because hubby was leaving town. To a person that uses TV (besides books) as a tool for sleeping. To a person who doesn't adore the TV. To a person that hasn't watch a single complete set of drama serial before till now. This is definitely hard work. It reminded me of the time whereby I have to burn midnight oil for my examinations. I can't denied that the script is excellent. Though I don't know how much facts to it but I personally find that the producer did a great job in bringing history, politics, cooking, medical and love story into one complete story. I should say that this show is so tastefully produced. In fact, a very touching story that I cried so badly during the first few chapters. It was moving and yet informative storyline but I was finding it too taxing as I struggled to complete!!! Phew! am I glad that I made it to the end of the 70 episodes! Will I try again? Well, it will have to be a long long wait or another really good one comes along. Thanks again to my ever so supportive hubby who even prepared dinner for me and my kids so that I can WATCH TV. I am sorry to my family and friends that I have neglected you in the process. I promise I won't do this again in the near future. *grin* In the meantime, I got to catch up on all my beauty sleep for the past one week.
Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. i got the whole series in canto version, i din know u wan it but is in cd format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this show! My mom & sis bought a set of dvds for me for my birthday and sent it all the way here to me! It was all worth it cos it's really a good series, even Le was addicted to it..hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I think this show is really nice too! Eventhough i only caught it when my mum or sister are watching it. I'm glad i found your blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched it yet but my friend do have the dvd series that awaiting us to borrow.

    Just not sure whether I want to sit in front of the T.V. that long. Oh Man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jingle: alamak, I should have told you earlier. Well better late than never. Great show.

    Lin: you lucky girl.

    Piccola: thanks for dropping by.

    Ching: Go for it but need some domestic planning coz' it is 70 episodes! But a beautiful show that I personally feel shouldn't miss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. edith, guess what, i hv the dvd but never made past episode 2 lol. u were saying u dunno how much facts there are. well, according to this you weekly mag, the part on janggeum being a doctor was true. but her being a servant girl/cook in the palace is not. well, its so convincing isnt it? its like everyone thinks somebody's gotta start somewhere at the bottom, so no one really questioned that part =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin