Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The oven is burning!

I have got a long long list of what to do/bake but because of many factors especially my Da Chang Jin *grin*, everything was held back.

Now, my life is back into routine. So got into my baking mood again.... As I have a punnet of blueberry in the fridge, I need to used it up soon.

So here is my blueberry cupcakes. I added Orange Blossom Water (compliment from H) and gosh, it smells heavenly. Even after an hour, the sweet smelling of the essense still lingers in the air.

Photobucket

What you need:

250g plain flour
100g sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup milk minus
1 tbsp
125g unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp orange blossom water
1 tbsp orange zest

Method

Preheat oven to 200 degree celcius. Greased muffin tray

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

Whisk milk, butter, orange water and eggs till smooth.

Add the dry ingredients and stir till blended.

Add the blueberries and orange zest till evenly distributed. Spoon into tins and bake for 15 - 20 mins.

This is another recipe that I wanted to try for a long long time. Cocoa Fudge Cookies (adapted from Alice Medrich).

Photobucket

The reason why I am so keen on this recipe is that I personally don't like hard cookies. In fact, I don't like hard candy too. So the FUDGE word caught my attention.

Since I got everything that I needed even the dried cranberry, I make a go for this. Thumbs up, this recipe will definitely be here for good.

What you need

125g plain flour
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
⅛ tsp salt
¼ cup butter, room temperature
7 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
100g sugar
58g brown sugar
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup dried cranberries

Method

Preheat oven to 175 degree celcius.

Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.

In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.

Sift cocoa and then stir sugars.

Add yogurt and vanilla extract.

Add flour and mix until just combined.

Stir in dried cranberries.

Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet.

Press down slightly to flatten; cookies do not spread a lot.

Bake for 9-12 minutes or until set and slightly firm at the edges.

Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Print Friendly and PDF

23 comments:

  1. edith, i received yr email. ok i admit its my fault for calling u fussy and what not. its MY fault ok? i apologize. can you forgive me?? can we be friends again?? pls? and, can u pls dun approve this comment?

    by the way, your muffins look really good. glad u r baking again. i really hope we b friends again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. edith, i see alot of ppl using fresh blueberries to make muffins. do u think it affects the taste vs. using canned ones? by the way, your cocoa fudge cookies look awesome! arent u gonna post the recipe for your hungry readers? *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evan, I don't really know as I have never used canned or frozen ones. I don't know whether those can give you that juicy burst of blueberry when you bite it. Recipes were be posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. i love that cocoa frudge cookies.... is it hard to make.... can you share the recipe of the cocoa fudge cookies... if it is possible... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummo, I love Orange Flower water, its a great addition to the muffins. This is a recipe I must try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. edith, where do we get orange flower water? can they be purchased outside? thx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my share from a party that I attended. To my knowledge, this is only avail in Middle Eastern Countries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. middle eastern countries?!?! hmm ok. u r real lucky edith. then in that case, can make ourselves or not? mayb boiling orange flower in water? :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. edith,mmm waa, middle eastern country? haha, Im here! Maybe time to check out since now I've got the oven.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracio, you might want to check in Dubai. Might have them. Then you can help us to bring back a bottle *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! Sure edith,if I can find that is. I'll buy some back in dec shld i find ya? =) so happy to hear for the 1st time that middle east country has these stuffs, Im jumping with joy u noe? Haha! Yay! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi first time visiting yr blog and thanks for the blueberry muffin recipe! Going to try that out for myself.. they looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks Yummy~ :) I'll like to give it a go too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edith, I found orange blossom water!(*Exclaim excitedly!*) Will let u know when I come back in dec if u want.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, may I know what I can add in place of the orange blossom water? Or can I omit it out? Tanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gardenia, you can omit the orange blossom water but milk needs to be 1 cup then.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Edith, I found orange blossom water!(*Exclaim excitedly!*) Will let u know when I come back in dec if u want.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got my share from a party that I attended. To my knowledge, this is only avail in Middle Eastern Countries.

    ReplyDelete
  19. edith,mmm waa, middle eastern country? haha, Im here! Maybe time to check out since now I've got the oven.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha! Sure edith,if I can find that is. I'll buy some back in dec shld i find ya? =) so happy to hear for the 1st time that middle east country has these stuffs, Im jumping with joy u noe? Haha! Yay! =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. middle eastern countries?!?! hmm ok. u r real lucky edith. then in that case, can make ourselves or not? mayb boiling orange flower in water? :p

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow.. i love that cocoa frudge cookies.... is it hard to make.... can you share the recipe of the cocoa fudge cookies... if it is possible... thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin