Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tada...... it was so good

For the past months, besides cupcakes, I baked nothing else. And then it went quiet for awhile. After completing most part of revamping my blog. I braced myself once again to bake. The feeling to be able to bake merrily in the kitchen is overwhelming.

I haven chosen Apple Cheddar Muffins (from Muffins & Quick Bread), a quick and easy recipe to follow. (just in case, the ambience in the household changes *wink*). I haven't tried a "mixed" muffin before.

A combination of savoury and sweet muffin is new to me. Savoury because of the cheese and sweet for the apple.

With a sense of suspense, I went ahead to bake it. You know what, no regrets at all because it tasted so good. Perhaps it is because I baked it with love. *wink*

It was so good that I actually bake another batch for my neighbour right after my "taste test".

Verdict: Thumbs up.



Update: https://rumblingtummy23.blogspot.sg/


What you need:

1 large apple
185g (6oz) plain flour
30g (1oz) rolled oats
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
180ml (6oz) milk
2 eggs
60g (2oz) unsalted butter, melted
100g (4oz) grated cheese

Method

Preheat oven to 200 degree celcius. Greased pan.

Peel and core apple. Cut into small cubes.

Toss flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Whisk milk, eggs, and melted butter until smooth.

Stir the apple and cheese.

Add the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.

Spoon into muffin tins till 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 mins till it is done.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Hi Edith
    I'm so glad that you've decided to continue blogging cos I've always enjoyed reading your blog.
    Keep up the good work and keep the recipes coming.

    Ah ...these muffins ...I've made them before and they really taste yummy :-)

    Best wishes
    Cecily (Chawanmushi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith,
    Glad to see your revamped blog up and going :)
    Apple and cheese, sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this today. Yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin