Monday, June 19, 2006

My new toy

Since the day I stopped working. My only shopping indulgence is buying household items, food and stuff for the kids.

This "toy" was actually brought to my attention by my mom who said that my sister in law bought one and it is really good.

After waiting for a long time, I finally decided that I should get one especially since it is the Great Singapore Sales. Don't ask me why I didn't buy one during the last or last last Great Singapore Sales.

As it is the peak season for the delivery company, they can only make it during the week that I won't be in town. After much waiting, my toy finally arrived.

Photobucket

So here is my 3 carrots soup. This soup was taught to me by my late friend Lynda. She said this helps to "clear any impurities in the blood".

I really miss her so much and I treasured those many happy moments in my little kitchen with her. Lynda, here is one bowl for you.

Photobucket

This is how the three types of "carrot" looks like. Green radish, white radish and red carrot

Photobucket

What you need

Red Carrot
Green Radish
White Radish
Lean Meat

I also experimented a new dish, Prawn Pockets, that I had during Father's day luncheon. I didn't have beancurd skin so I subsituted popiah skin instead. The only difference, there is a tinge of saltishness when using beancurd skin as compared to popiah skin.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. what's the brand of your new toy ? and can tell how much it costs you ?
    thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi! Finally found you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edith, may I know what is the green 'carrot'? Paisei, I've only seen carrot and radish before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is qing luo bo. like we call radish as bai luo bo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DO YOU HAVE THE RECIPE FOR PRAWN POCKETS?????????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your interest in the prawn pockets. I can sent it to you via email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this one.
    Is good if you're goin out and leave it to do the "pressure cooking"
    Somehow, the taste of the soup is mild compare to boiling frm gas stove

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sukkimi for dropping by. What I do is that I brisk boil it for a good 2 hours before I put it in the pot to cook for another 2 hours. So far, the taste is okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin