Sunday, May 07, 2006

A really busy day

I had so much to do today that I woke up at 5ish. Too stress to sleep further. Done up the laundry, prepared a Tiramisu cake for my dad's birthday. (I know I have to do it last night but was invited to a last minute dinner that I couldn't say no), baked a batch of cupcake for a Mother's Day order.

Make my hubby came back earlier from his meeting so that he can sent my kid to ballet, upon reaching there, we realised that it is a PUBLIC holiday! Damn, drove home and sulked.

Then went for the birthday dinner and ended the night with the follow up of Polling result at my parents' place.

By the end of the night/day, I was totally whacked. Guess my mood was really foul because of the early hours and working non stop and on top of that, my girl refused to co-operate during nap time and my boy refused to focus on his revision.

Ended with me sitting next to him just to ensure the he focus while I was thinking how to get my Tiramisu "dressed" up in time. So you will see that my piping design really sucks.

Had a bit of hiccup for the touching up of my tiramisu cake too but luckily Jo came online to give me some advice.

Thanks Jo for saving my cake. Really appreciate it.

Photobucket

What you need:

a packet of sponge fingers (avail in Carrefour)

Syrup

180ml milk
120ml Kahlua or Bailey Cream
50ml rum
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp chocolate emulco

Fillings

1 packet of eggwhite powder (follow packet instruction) (I don't use raw eggs)
500g mascarpone cream
450g whipping cream
100g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla
30ml Kahlua or Bailey Cream
2 tsp gelatine dissolved in 3 tbsp hot water.
Cocoa powder for dusting

Method

Beat egg white with 30g castor till stiff.

Dissolve gelatine with hot water.

Cream whip cream with 30g sugar till sugar is dissolved.

Cream mascarpone cheese with the remainding sugar till sugar dissolved. (do not overbeat)

Combine all the above and add vanilla essence and liquor.

Give the sponge fingers a quick soak with the syrup.

Lay the first layer on the baking tray. (these are divided into two layers)

Dust cocoa powder over the sponge fingers and pour half of the cream mixture, spread evenly.

Next, lay another soaked sponge fingers over the cream mixture.

Dust with cocoa powder.

Pour the remaining cream mixture and spread evenly.

Set to chill overnight.

Before serving, either dust with cocoa powder or shaved chocolates.
Print Friendly and PDF

19 comments:

  1. that's a nice cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi can u post recipes of tiramisu?? thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nicely done...can share the recipe with us...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Currently I am very busy, will post this recipe as soon as I can. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have the recipe for tiramisu?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi precious moments,
    wana try some of ur recipes but 1stly i need to get a mixer. Can i know which brand is better? what other utensils needed for baking? tks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ariel, I have got two mixers. One is handheld with stand and the other is a heavy duty. Both from Kenwood. Basic to start off will be a weighing scales, measuring cups and baking tins and most impt, an oven!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    If I am using raw egg whites instead of eggwhite powder, how much egg whites to use?
    Btw, is this MamaC's recipe from KC? I am trying to get the recipe but KC is down for the moment.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    If I am using raw egg whites instead of powder form, how much should I use?
    Btw, is this based on MamaC's recipe from KC? Trying to locate the recipe but KC is down. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Currently I am very busy, will post this recipe as soon as I can. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi can u post recipes of tiramisu?? thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's a nice cake :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin