Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Don't do it

Today, my son acted up again. I should have seen it coming as he didn't have a good day in school. I tried talking to him but apparently his mind set is so strong that I have no way of changing it. As some of you might be aware, during the recent weeks, it was no fun for me dealing with such roller coaster mood swings. Anyway, tomorrow he will be having a term end party and I promised that I will bake him a brownie to share with friends. So despite feeling low, I got into action. I have done this modified recipe (thanks Ratna for sharing this) many times but somehow during the motion of preparing the batter, I realised that I have no recollection of how it should look like. Put it in the oven and started baking and then I started worrying because I don't recall the baking process to be so. Too late, damaged done (it was past midnight) . So my son will be bringing a rock hard brownie and hopefully the kids didn't noticed that it doesn't taste like brownie at all. They might even conclude that it is chocolate cookie instead! Note: This is a nice recipe, only that I have overbaked it. Photobucket What you need 250g butter 498g chocolate 100g firmly packed brown sugar 3 large eggs, beaten lightly 2 tsp vanilla essence 183g plain flour 140g chocolate chips 200g sour cream choice of your favourite nuts 1 tbsp cocoa powder (for decoration) Method Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and lined a 20cm x 30cm rectangular pan. Melt butter and chocolate in medium saucepan; stir over low heat; without boiling, until mixture is smooth. Cool until just warm. Stir in sugar, egg and essence, then sifted flour, chocolate chips, cream and nuts. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 40 mins. Cover pan with foil and bake for another 20 mins. Stand brownie in pan until it reaches room temp. Cut to serving size and dust with sifted cocoa.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. i think your brownie still looks delicious and to die for.....:)

    I dont havea 20x30 cm pan...Think I can use a 13x9inch pan???

    Also, do you use unsweeteed, semisweet or regular milk chocolate???

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amrita,

    The tin you got might be a little too big and it might give you a flat brownie. Might suggest to get those disposable ones if you don't want to invest in another tin. I am a big fan of to bittersweet chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized that a 20 x 30 cm pan is onle 1 inch bigger than mine.....

    Love the look of your brownies.....Normally if something goes wrong for me I will get very upset and throw it away and become moody hehe.....

    Your brownies look very very fudgy like the ones in Mrs FIELD'S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been reading your blog for some time, I wanted to say take good care of yourself. What ever it is, just take 1 day at a time, if cannot remember certain things, just take it as its the first time trying. Don't be stress and be kind to yourself. Take care ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care my mate, I am still facing this problem with my son, am taking slow steps to solve it. Parenting is never easy, one day he will know mummy is the best.

    luv
    dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so very delicious lah

    ReplyDelete
  8. it does looks delish and moist. Relax and everything will turn out fine.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin