Saturday, April 01, 2006

very fulfilling

Years years ago, I had a very nice sandwiches from a restaurant in Shaw Building. It was really yummy and today, I wanted to replicate it.

Guess it was so long ago that I only remember the ingredients in it and not the taste anymore. So here is my version of Avocado Prawn sandwiches. The original has crab sticks added to the prawns and they called it seafood sandwiches.

Photobucket

The last time when I make those Grilled Portobello with bacon, my hubby wasn't around to savour it. So last night, I got some and prepare it for lunch today. My son went crazy over it, unfortunately he couldn't really have as many as he would love to. Another time son, dad comes first.

Photobucket

What you need:

6 Portobello Mushrooms (wipe clean with damp cloth)
Bacon (cut into bits and fry till cripsy)
1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup grated Mozarella Cheese

Method:

Preheat oven at 200 degrees celsius for 10 minutes. Greased a baking tray with a little vegetable oil.

Line the mushrooms on the prepared baking tray.

On each mushroom, put the bacon bits.

Leave about 1/2 inches round the mushroom, top the stuffed mushroom with the grated Cheddar Cheese and then Mozarella Cheese.

Bake for around 15 minutes till cheese is golden brown.

Serve immediately.
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. love the portobello - bacon and cheese..yummy. BTW, do you chopped up the bacon ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith,

    You can try crab stick with hard boiled egg(mashed)...add in with Mayo....Yum..:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, I cut the bacon into pieces and grilled it to a crisp before I add them to the mushroom and top it with cheese.

    Shereen, thanks for the suggestion. I prefer half boiled egg to hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. drooling...delicious sandwiches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can i use shredded cheese instead of having it grated?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin