Saturday, April 08, 2006

My first attempt

Few weeks ago, I have taken an interest in sugarcraft and have been spending so much time doing my research on this. I can't remember how it got started but somehow, it rolled out a new topic in one of the forum that I frequent. This brought a whole new dimension to my new found interest. I was really thankful for many kind people (especially to Vi and Oxana) who are so willing to share their knowledge and experience. I eagerly purchase a bag of icing sugar and other ingredients needed to get started. So eager that when I failed my dough (sugar paste), I was so disappointed. The stubborness in me prevented me to give up and continue to pursue the reason behind my failure. First try, my dough started to "sweat" when it is supposed be in the drying process. Photobucket After researching on different recipes from books and internet and many helpful advices, Bingo!!!! I finally got my paste in the correct texture to start my sculpturing. My very first piece of art. Though not perfect but at least a good start. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Edith, Bravo! I still have 6 different colours in the fridge from my first batch of dough. no time to make flowers. I am trying to ask Carol S. R to give us hands on on sugar paste crafting in June. She teaches that in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Edith... your sugar arts are so beautiful... i love that blue cow... is cow rite... so where did u all starts learning that.... it's seems to intersting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg so cool.. do you have the recipe for the sugar dough or something.. please tell me.. i'm going overseas soon and i hope to give these little things to people around me as presents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... you are really good with your hands... the sugar paste 'toys' looks so adorable!!

    You also mentioned "corn syrup" in your recipe... what is this exactly? Thanks and keep keading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can find corn syrup in Baking Supplies shop. There are two types, ask for the light corn syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can find corn syrup in Baking Supplies shop. There are two types, ask for the light corn syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... you are really good with your hands... the sugar paste 'toys' looks so adorable!!

    You also mentioned "corn syrup" in your recipe... what is this exactly? Thanks and keep keading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edith, Bravo! I still have 6 different colours in the fridge from my first batch of dough. no time to make flowers. I am trying to ask Carol S. R to give us hands on on sugar paste crafting in June. She teaches that in Australia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin