Saturday, February 25, 2006

How I fell in love

Scone was never my cup of tea. I heard so much about scones & cream but when I tried those in a cafe near Oxford University. I didn't take to it too. It took me years later when an ex colleague of mine offered me one of the best ever tasting scones. It was heavenly!!! I fell in love with these buttery scones immediately. For many years, I asked and sourced around for such recipe, but no one seems to be able replicate those available at Wooden Spoon. Nothing come close. Recently, a lady from a food forum responded to my request, so here I am trying to find out whether it comes close to my first love (Buttery scones). Photobucket Verdict: It is nice but somehow I didn't get the heavenly smell of butter even though I used the best available.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. edith, i dont think u will be able to duplicate the taste again. Not that u r not good but ur palate changes and you dont realize it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking scones edith. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice scones. How did you get the tall straight sides? Mine always turn out toppling to one side :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tasted scones before. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin