Monday, February 27, 2006

Bringing back memories

First tried this dish many years ago, cooked by Bambet's wife, Rita.

I have since cooked this appetitising dish many times when I entertained guests at home and all love it. Sometime, I ran out of cane vinegar and I will have to subsitute it with distilled vinegar.

I just got a bottle of cane vinegar sitting in my kitchen. So let's revive some good old memories.

Chicken Adobo

Photobucket

What you need:

1 chicken
6 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp dark soya sauce (I have added this to make it less pale looking)
12 tbsp cane vinegar pepper
18 clove crushed garlic
500ml water (or more to cover up the chicken)

Method

Add a little oil and lightly browned the garlic

Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil. Lower down heat and simmer for 1/2 hour till chiken is softened.

I served this dish with garlic rice.

Note: You can subsititue it with pork too.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. hi dear
    can use black vinegar or rice vinegar or not? tq.
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine, you can apple cider but the taste will not be as nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin