Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What a mess!

These are my third batch of CNY goodies. I attempted the Hazelnut Cookies and was pleased with the results.

Photobucket

Then I got greedy, I wanted to bake Butter Cookies too. I followed the recipe blindly without realising it was a HUGE one. The piping seems endless and my feet was getting wobbly.

Thankfully, my aunt was around to keep me company and managing the kids. If not, I don't think I was able to complete it. Phew!

Photobucket

What you need

125g butter (golden churn brand)
250g cake flour
100g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 grated zest of lemon
1 egg
1 egg (beaten and for glazing)
cherries (cut into tiny pieces for decorating)

Method

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add egg slowly.

Fold in flour, vanilla essence and lemon zest into the butter mixture.

Fit into a star nozzle on a piping bag. Piped into a greased tray.

Decorate with a cherries bits.

Chill for 5 min and bake at 175 degree celsius for 20 mins or until golden brown.

Cool and store.

Note: Glaze the half bake cookie with egg around 10 mins after you put them in the oven.

Now, I am worried that by the end of Chinese New Year, my family will be sick of butter cookies.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! Ur butter cookies look cute! Are those maraschino cherry bits on top on the cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy cookies you have there, all set for CNY now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    I visit your blog quite often, and think that all your food looks so delicious. These butter cookies look so good. Can you post the recipe please???

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello

    I visit your blog quite often, and think that all your food looks so delicious. These butter cookies look so good. Can you post the recipe please???

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin