Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Long time ago

This dish, 123 Spare Ribs was taught to me by my mom (who learnt it from somewhere) around 12 - 13 years ago.

When I was still staying at my first matrimonial home, I attempted it once and eversince, this recipe was shelved. Though it looked really simple but I personally feel that it needs to be modified as it is either too sweet or salty for some people.

Photobucket

What you need

600g spare ribs
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp sugar – adjust accordingly
3 tbsp wine
4 tbsp soya sauce (less salty type) or deduct to 3 tbsp
½ litre of water

Method

Heat wok with a little oil. Seal meat.

Add in the sauce and once boil, turned down heat and slowly simmer till meat has soften.

Stirring occasionally to avoid burnt.

Note: Adjust the sweetness last.

I had bought a box of frozen prawns and was wondering how is the quality as this was my first time trying out. I decided to cook quickly it just in case I need to top up my fridge before the CNY holiday.

Took this recipe from Zarina's Home Cooking, my first attempt at South Indian cuisine, Pepper Prawns.

Verdict: Thumbs up from both son and hubby.

Photobucket

What you need

600g medium sized prawns - shell, devein
1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 tbsp of tamarind juice

Marinate the prawns with above for 1 hour.

2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 spring of curry leaves salt to taste

Method

Heat oil, add garlic and curry leaves. Fry till fragrant.

Add in marinated prawns and fry till dry.

Season with salt.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. hi!

    i love your recipe collections. thanks for sharing it. now, i've got some new recipes that i can try.

    just blog hopping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your recipes. May i know where to get turmeric powder and tamarind juice? i would like to try out this dish v much for a special someone. thanks in adv

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my email - sarahrosh@hotmail.com if you need. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, it's me again! =D
    may i know what kind of wine you used for your spare ribs and i'm actually want to prepare this for my bf. but i do not know whether to choose the coca cola or this one. any advice? thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi vivious girl, I used the best grade rice wine. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi!

    i love your recipe collections. thanks for sharing it. now, i've got some new recipes that i can try.

    just blog hopping...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin