Thursday, January 26, 2006

Final one

In the past, I remembered my sister and I used to help my mom to roll this tiny little snack for Lunar New Year. We can spent the whole day rolling and rolling. It was tough work as care is needed to apply the right strength in order not to break the skin. Her fillings are Dried Sambal Prawns. Spicy and shiok.

I was craving for it this year but as she has since retired from preparing CNY goodies many years ago due to old age. It left me with no choice, I have to make do with pork floss since I don't know know how to prepare the sambal and really has no time for this.

This snack is pretty addictive. You can grab a handful and finished up in a seconds. So imagine hours of labour involved, at a mere of a minutes, it will be all gone. I told myself, next year, I will start early to prepare the Dried Sambal Prawns.

For the time being, Pork Floss Roll.

Hopefully this will stop my craving.

Photobucket

This will be my last item for this year's Lunar New Year goodies.

I wishes one and all a very Happy and Healthy New Year. May all your dreams come true.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. aiyo, your shrimp roll makes me think of my whole family sitting together to roll them, then mum doing the frying job - those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice leh Edith. I want some too!! I am drooling again... :D

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me think of my ex-colleagues sitting near the pantry, in the office, during lunch hour to prepare this for CNY! *lol*

    新年快乐!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these snacks! One of my sisters is an expert at making this and she uses fish floss instead, really good! Oh god, now I miss all these goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me think of my ex-colleagues sitting near the pantry, in the office, during lunch hour to prepare this for CNY! *lol*

    新年快乐!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin