Thursday, December 29, 2005

Happy Birthday

Today is my hubby's birthday. As he has requested nothing but a birthday cake, so I have been surfing to find something different but yet chocolate related as he is a chocolate lover.

Decided to try this Rich Chocolate Cake that for some said it is close to Lana's. I also gave him a treat at Din Tai Fung since I was in Orchard Road shopping for a gift for him.

In fact, within a span of three days, we had Shanghainese food again!!! The first one was at Marina Square. Then why Shanghainese again?

Well, Din Tai Fung is famous for their Xiao Long Pau but each time I passed by, there is such a long queue that I give it a miss. Surprisingly, this time round, I was able to secure a seat within 10 mins. Here are what we filled our tummies with. *oops, forgotten the pork ribs! this one is awesome!*

Xiao Long Pau

Photobucket

Hargow. Interesting presentation.
Photobucket

Shrimp Dumplings
Photobucket

Hot and Spicy Soup. Feels that it is not hot spicy enough.

Photobucket

Pork Rib noodle.

Photobucket

Spicy Beef Noodle

Photobucket

We love the broth for both noodles. If by tonight I didn't develop rashes than I would say that it is really really good. Now no more room for dessert as we head home for our grand finale (ie the birthday cake).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Verdict: I find the fudge too sweet and perhaps I overbaked as it is not moist enough to my liking.

Happy Birthday Dear.
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Your cake presentation is nice & the dim sum looks good too, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice food, too bad they're non-halal. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Preciousmoments, great cake! Jsut wanted to let you know that I like visiting your website and have added your blog link to my blog. Happy Baking/Cooking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, interesting presentation of the hargow. The hargow also different from the one we are familiar with. The skin here is translucent white color one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. edith, the piping is very nice. Did you use the piping set i got you? :D

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delish! We have similar restaurant in MY called Dragon I and heard the Chef is from SG. The Xiao Long Pao is superb but cant say for the pork rib noodle.

    Urs look so much better.

    Happy Belated Birthday to ur DH and A Happy Blessed New Year to u and ur family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yo... What a delightful dim sum your cake decor is very nice. *Drooling*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah...the dimsum makes me drooling ler...I love Xiao Long Pau a lot actually after eating it once at Prince Hotel...

    Your cake looks yummy to me too!!...Love the way you pipe the wordings..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated B'day to your DH!
    Happy New Year to you and your family too! :) May 2006 be another wonderful and prosperous year too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. edith

    happy belated birthday to dh and happy new year to you and family.

    i have tagged you for meme 'you are what you eat'

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed, interesting presentation of the hargow. The hargow also different from the one we are familiar with. The skin here is translucent white color one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin