Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sticky

I was browsing through my recipes collection and was thinking what I can bake for a change from my usual bake. I stumbled onto this recipe, Sticky Date Pudding which makes me happy because then I can clear my dates that I have bought during the Ramandan period.

I prepared the dates mixture and was pretty disheartened by hubby's comments that he doubt it will be nice coz' of the sticky like mixture. Imagine, I continued the process hoping that he is wrong.

But thank god, it turned out well.

Verdict: Hubby said not bad.

Photobucket I modified the recipes to suit the taste of my family.

What I need:

250g dates, pitted and chopped
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
80g butter
100g sugar
2 eggs
170g self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Method

Mix dates and bicardbonate of soda.

Pour 300ml boiling water over dates and leave to stand.

Cream butter and sugar until pale, then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Gently fold in flour, stir in date mixutre adn vanilla.

Pour into a well buttered 18cm cake tin.

Bake at 180 degree celcius for 30 - 40 mins.

Serve with butterscotch sauce

Butterscotch sauce

100g brown sugar
150ml cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
50g butter

Method

Combine sugar, cream, vanilla essence and butter in a pot.

Bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins.

Set aside until ready to reheat and pour over pudding.
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Nice picture! It sure looks good. Well done E. _K

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks scrumptious! I love sticky date pudding, especially the butterscotch sauce :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's one of my favourites :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin