Thursday, November 24, 2005

My version

Bought my kids to the library a few days ago. I borrowed a book from library and finds myself glued to those yummilious recipes. I haven't been really baking but being inspired, I gingerly went to my little kitchen and experimented on this delicious Banana Chocolate Cream Pie.

This is slightly different from the Banana Cream Pie that I have done some time back.

To keep my restless son busy, I got him to help me mash the banana. Guess, when you work for it, it taste different too.

Photobucket

What you need

A pie crust (using the same crust from the fruit tarlets)
3 egg yolks
1 oz sugar
6 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
11 oz milk
1/2 cup mashed banana
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 oz unsalted butter
2 tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur

Method

Whisk the egg yolks, vanilla essence, salt and sugar together till sugar melted.

Add in flour (a little at a time). Stir till well blended. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer.

Pour 1/2 of the milk to the egg yolk mixture.

Whisk till well mixed and pour the remaining. Stir thoroughly.

Pour the mixture back to the saucepan and over medium heat, whisk till the mixture thickens.

Remove from heat.

Add the chocolate and butter, sitrring till the chocolate has melted.

Add in mashed banana and follow by the Bailey Irish Cream.

Pour into prepared pie crust and chill till set.

Serve cold.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. i love banana and chocolate combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat type of bittersweet choc u used? where to buy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used Cadbury Old Gold Dark Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin