Friday, November 25, 2005

A feast

Today is Thanksgiving and also a day for celebration as my one year responisbile is finally over. Unfortunately, I got hit by the flu bug!!!!

I know I needed the rest but somehow, just couldn't sleep. My eyes are closed but my brain is working. Don't ask me what I am thinking because I don't know too.

Despite feeling weak but yet restless, I decided against all forces to prepare a feast.

This is my Tuna Cups. Really easy to prepare and my son was proud to announce to his dad that he had done those.

Photobucket

I don't know whether this is one of those genetic cross over as I don't recall having this soup at our dinner table or seeing this melon when young.

Photobucket

Sometime back, my mom made this soup and it tasted really good. Finally, saw a decent size for our family and here is my first attempt at Shark Fin Melon Soup.

A extremely simple soup to make.

Photobucket

What you need:

Shark Fin Melon
Dried Scallops
Pork or pork ribs

Got a really nice seabass. Since I always steam it, I decided to do something different. Perhaps baking it will be different and less hassle.

Photobucket

I adapted this from Mrs Lee Cookbook. Hainanese Pork Chop. Thumb up for this dish.

Photobucket

And not forgetting some greens to go with our meal.

Stir Fry Mixed Vegetable.

Photobucket

Guess I cooked too much because we ended up not having rice.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. WOW edith, nice spread! U celebrate Thanksgiving too eh? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin