Monday, November 28, 2005

Beautifully set

After my success with the Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake, I wanted to continue and make a tofu cheese cake but realised I ran out of whipped cream so after last night's dinner, my hubby drove me to the supermarket to get a packet.

Well, why can't I get it myself right? Well, it is such a hassle to bring two kids to the supermarket. Usually I can do my grocery within an hour but the last time I tried with two in tow. I ended up spending nearly 2 hours! Enough said, here is what E shared with us, Non Bake Tofu Redbean Cheesecake.

Photobucket

Verdict, initially I thought it will be weird but after trying it, we find that it is nice. Not heavy and doesn't really have that tofu taste.

What you need

Base:

70g digestive biscuit crumbs
40g melted butter

Red Bean Layer:
50g cream cheese
10g sugar
90g diary whipping cream
125g red bean paste
1 tbsp boiling water
3g gelatin

Method:

Mix biscuit crumbs into melted butter and press firmly on to base of cake pan (6 inches). Chill in the fridge for use later.

Whip whipping cream till mousse state, keep chilled.

Cream cheese and sugar till smooth and creamy.

Stir in the red bean paste.

Stir in the whipped cream.

Dissolve the gelatin with 1 tbsp of boiling water, then add into the cheese mixture.

Pour cheese mixture onto cake base.

Chill in the fridge.

Tofu Layer:

52g cream cheese
18g sugar
85g whipping cream
155g silken tofu (pour boiling hot water over tofu, drain and mashed thru sieve, drain)
1 tbsp boiling water
4.5g gelatin

Method:

Whip whipping cream till mousse state, keep chilled.

Cream cheese and sugar till smooth and creamy.

Stir in the tofu.

Stir in the whipped cream.

Dissolve the gelatin with 1 tbsp of boiling water, then add into the cheese mixture.

Spoon cheese mixture onto the red bean layer, which has set. Chill in the fridge.

Decorate the cake when it is set.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. Hi edith, it looks absolutely yummy.. can you post the recipes of this cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good E! Great picture _k

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, it looks yummy.....


    regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith... Beautiful Cake! I love this cake too and next time I gotto use red bean paste... Must be vy vy yummy! Hmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edith,

    Is the tofu portion abit grainy? I have used another recipe from Youtube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MQTAv5DlF8] and its abit grainy. Would appreciate your opinion on this as I've never eaten tofu cheesecake before =p. TIA. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel, thanks for dropping by. This cake is delicious and I don't recall it to be grainy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edith, you're welcome and thanks for the speedy reply ^^. Perhaps, I didn't melt the gelatine completely or I use the wrong type of tofu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edith, you're welcome and thanks for the speedy reply ^^. Perhaps, I didn't melt the gelatine completely or I use the wrong type of tofu.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin