Friday, October 28, 2005

A salute to all...

...... teachers!!!!!! Today, I spent one good hour keeping order in my son's class. I am definitely glad when I heard the bell rang. It was the toughest one hour job I have ever done. You might be wondering what is happening? Well, I volunteered myself to the school about two weeks ago. This is what they called Parent Teacher Volunteer. My initial role was to make sure that the boys are seated down quietly reading a book before assembly time on every Wednesday (weekly meeting for the teachers). On my second time assignment (which is also their last exam paper). The teachers took a little longer than usual having their weekly meeting. The person in charge of "entertaining" the boys with Halloween quiz went missing. Had a tough 15 mins controlling 600 boys before we realised that the stack of quiz is in the admin office. It was chaos and tough but I make it through. Today, I am supposed to take over for 1 hour to relief a teacher who needs to leave early (Ramandan Month for him). Initially, I was all excited. I searched through the internet for ideas to keep the boys busy. Finally, I thought of a project for them to do. Each child will get a copy of a "blank" man, they will need to draw and colour to represent themselves. Behind the page, they are supposed to write a letter of appreciation to their form teacher. I will then bind this into a book and they will present it to their teacher. If you can remember, this class is a hyperactive class. My nightmare begins. Some are very cooperative but some..... I spent a good one hour, practically yelling at the top of my voice for them to sit down, for them not to run around the class, for them not to fight, I even grabbed two boys and make them stand on their chair and blah blah blah. At the end of the day, I was glad that my responsibility is over. What a day!
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. I'm a former teacher myself, and I quit because I couldn't take it anymore. It was just not my cup of tea. Whoever who says that teachers have an easy life should try teaching for one day or a week even. See for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I came across your site today, went through almost all your entries and let me say that you've found a new fan in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amber, you really brighten up my day! Feel free to pen your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I know what you mean. I have friends who are teachers and they often tell me stories and more stories about their "children". However, even though they do complain, they will NEVER change it for anything. Kudus to all teachers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. True.. i was lecturing in a hotel school for 3 1/2 yrs. The young adults - arghhhhhhhhh......think they r smart. what a tough time i had but i'm sure all of us will think back abt it and realized that we do enjoy the happy moments.

    Right ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. how to cook turkeyNovember 5, 2005 at 9:56 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin