Sunday, October 09, 2005

My next buy

Today's breakfast is Scotch Pancakes. I love making pancakes but am getting frustrated with those pancake rings that I have got.

Pancakes are supposed to be an easy to make breakfast but I think I am taking alittle too long to get it ready each time.

Yesterday, while waiting for hubby to finish his meeting, I was down at Metro (Tampines) browsing through those pots and pans and I was thinking whether do I really need a small non stick frying pan for eggs and pancakes.

After this morning chaos, this will definitely be my next buy.

Photobucket

What you need

100g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
50g castor sugar
pinch of salt
1 egg beaten
1 tbsp lemon juice
65ml milk 25g butter, melted

For the sauce

100g clear honey grated rind and juice of 1 lemon

Method


Sift the flour and baking powder.

Mix sugar and salt into a bowl.

Add the egg and lemon juice.

Mix together to make a smooth batter, gradually add the milk.

Stir in the melted butter

Heat a frying pan and grease lightly and add the batter Cook till brown on both sides.

Keep warm.

Prepare the sauce by gently heating the honey and lemon juice and rind in a small pan.

Pour hot sauce over hot pancakes. Serve.
Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. edith, from what I used to do, I used a ladle & swivel on a non-stick skillet for cooking pancakes. Dun really need a specific pan & pancake ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin, the only non stick pan i got is 28cm leh. Way too big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one I used is also a big skillet, as long as it's flat...the pancake will not spread big, juz gotta be very careful when spreading with the ladle, so the size will not expand :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. edith, why is it called Scott Pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith, sorry about that. never knew the scottish are into pancakes. always thot its an American thing. trying to see if there is any diff in them..Scottish and American.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. edith

    you are the best.

    i have tagged you http://lilyng2000.blogspot.com/2005/10/meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. edith, from what I used to do, I used a ladle & swivel on a non-stick skillet for cooking pancakes. Dun really need a specific pan & pancake ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lin, the only non stick pan i got is 28cm leh. Way too big.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin