Sunday, October 16, 2005

Busy bee

In a forthnight's time, my son will be having his FINAL exam. How time flies. As the usual norm in Singapore, all moms are stressed up when their kids are having exam.

I am no different from them. As we don't really speak Mandarin at home, I am really concerned about his Chinese Paper (from what I gathered, next year will be even harder). So I have been "drilling" him even though I feel sad to put him through this.

While hubby is revising Math with son, I merrily destressed in my kitchen.

Here is what I accomplished.

For breakfast, we had P/seed Muffins (adapted from Muffins and Quickbreads).

I gave it a twist by having orange glaze instead of lemon glaze.

Photobucket

What you need

185g plain flour
40g toasted wheat germ
90g poppyseeds
90g sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
250ml milk
1 egg
60g unsalted butter, melted

Method

Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease muffin tins.

Stir and toss together the flour, wheat germs, poppyseeds, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

Whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter till smooth.

Add to the dry ingredients and stir till just blended.

Spoon into muffin tins and bake at 15 - 18 mins.

Cool in tin for 3 mins and then remove.

Glaze with orange glaze.

Orange Glaze

100g icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tsp orange zest
pinch of salt

Method

Combine all the ingredients and whisk briskly till smooth and well blnded.

Brush over muffins while muffin are still warm.

For snack, Fried Wanton. My nephew and nieces whom dropped by, enjoyed this as much as my family.

Since I don't have any seafood in the fridge, I added crabmeat stick to the pork and waterchestnut fillings.

Photobucket

In the night, decided to try out the Microwave Chocolate Cake. Though it is fluffy, personally, I prefer a more moist chocolate cake than this. If I ever make this again, I will add a frosting to counter the dryness of the cake.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. edith, you have been busy... :D
    All the best to your son's upcoming exams. :)

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm.. crispy wanton.. I like :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin