Friday, September 23, 2005

Need to cool down

After my last attempt on Green Tea Ice Cream, I did another batch but this time modifying Agnes Chang's recipe by using Milo.

As I didn't have a ice cream maker, I did this the manual way. Next time round, I will do it in the day so that I don't have to wait till wee hours for it to be half frozen (need to whip it up).

Here is my Milo Ice cream with chocolate chips.

Photobucket

What you need

300g coffee mate
2 cups fresh milk
75g castor sugar
150g milo
2 tsp gelatine powder
2 tbsp boiling water

Method

Stir and mix coffee mate, milk, and sugar till sugar dissolves

Add in Milo and stir well. Making sure no lumps.

Dissolve gelatine in boiling water.

Add into milk mixture. Strain mixture into a container and freeze till half frozen.

Remove and put into a mixer, whisk till double in builk.

Freeze till half frozen and then stir in chocolate chips.

Refreeze again till firm.

Serve
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Looks good edith. :)

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be very yummy..I can imagine the Milo taste :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edith, Your ice cream looks so delicious. Wish I could eat it. -lance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    This recipe looks delicious and I have a lot of MILO powder to use up. What is coffee mate please? Is there anything else that I can use instead of coffee mate?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've tried out this ice cream and it turn out lovely. (creamy and smooth). can i sub the milo with mango(puree) for mango ice cream.
    Would like to try it out but not sure ?
    Pls advise.
    TQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I think if mango is the flavour, it will not have results like strawberry. mango puree is very liquid?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin