Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I failed

Finally I remembered to buy maltose during my grocery shopping. So happily, I set out trying out this recipe by Florence, Taiwanese Sun Pastry. My measurements (by weight) were exactly what Florence mentioned. Thinking that I am on the right track, everthing seems okay till I put them in the oven. I watched in horror as I saw those fillings LEAKING out from the pastry. So there goes my "high". I seriously think that it is due to my poor workmanship. Also, my pastry looks tough isn't it? I am waiting for it to cool down before tasting. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. Edith,

    Looks good to me. The pastry looks crunchy on the outside. Was it soft and tasty on the inside? -lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance, i think if my fillings didn't leak out, this pastry shld be pretty nice to eat. It is not soft but flaky. Since with the filling gone, it wasn't tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Edith,
    Just found out your name,hehehe... I have not made Sun Pastries before, but from making other types of Chinese pastries before, it is quite common to get leaky filling... The most probable reason is overbaking... The filling inside gets too hot, expand and spill out... One remedy is to increase oven temperature slightly and bake for a shorter time... HTH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice seeing you dropped by, Seadragon. I will take note of your pointer. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith,

    Looks good to me. The pastry looks crunchy on the outside. Was it soft and tasty on the inside? -lance

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin