Sunday, August 07, 2005

Hot hot hot

As I have volunteered to help my mom out in terms of cooking for today's gathering. For a long long time, I didn't cook my regular Chicken Curry.

Since I got home so late, I was worried that I couldn't wake up in time to go and get some fresh chicken for my curry. I love my Chicken Curry spicy.

For me, I feel that curry without the spiciness is not curry. I love to dip my baguette into the gravy. Yum yum.

This recipe is only for those who is okay with hot stuff.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What you need

Grind together & fried till fragrant

½ chicken
6 dried chilli
6 fresh chilli
6 small onion
3 clove garlic
1 stalk of lemongrass - crushed
1 small pc of Belachan – toasted
1 packet wet curry paste (consist of curry powder, chilli powder, buah kala, ginger & garlic)
1 cup thick coconut milk
4 cups thin coconut milk
2 stems curry leaves
Cooked potatoes (as many as you like)

Method


Put a little oil. Fry sambal balachan & curry paste till fragrant.

Put chicken and mix well.

Put diluted coconut milk, curry leave and salt to taste and boil at slow fire.

Put in cooked potatoes.

Boil till chicken is cooked and add thick coconut milk. Simmer till boil.

Sugar to taste.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. Edith, I love spicy stuff. May I have the recipe, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith,

    Me too!! *drool*

    My children don't take spicy stuff, but I can get the recipe and adjust the spiciness to suit them.

    Thanks!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really hot and spicy...heheheheh...just the way I like curries. Yummy!!! _k

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to cook chickenNovember 5, 2005 at 10:00 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin