Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ages

I haven't eaten Double Boiled White Fungus with rock sugar for ages, I reckoned at least for 10 years.

Used to have this once awhile when I was still staying with my parents. I do not know the healing properties for this dessert but it is nice and crunchy.

My mom said the better ones are those smaller rather than the bigger white fungus.

Photobucket

What you need

White fungus
Red dates
Rock sugar
Water

Method

Sock white fungus till they have expanded and become soft.

Remove the "stem".

Add red dates, water and fungus into a double boiler.

Cook for 2 hours over medium heat.

Add rock sugar to taste.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin