Thursday, July 07, 2005

Thorny business

Durian is a tropical fruit and also one of my favourite. I find durian a very mysterious fruit. Each and everyone has its own unique taste. Personally, I like mine creamy with a tinge of bitterness. To many of us, either you hate it or you love it. In my family, most of us love this fruit except for my sister in law. I remembered when we were young, eating durian is a major event. My dad will buy the whole basket load of durians and all my aunties, uncles, cousins and our grandma will have a feast. It was such a joyous gathering. Over time, durian is easily available during the year and somehow, it kind of lost its authencity. But still eating durian around June till July has the best harvest than any other months. There are so many recipes created from this fruit. Tomorrow, I will share some of mine which is popular in my family. Photobucket Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. edith your durian is making me drool. The durians here are not as nice as those back home. They are all frozen. :(

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  2. Min, let's have a feast when you are back. Hopefully it taste as good as these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....yum yum. I especially love the 'bitter' ones. Last night my dh bought 'hong har', 'chuk koik', 'mau sang wong' to try. Very 'strong' taste from D24. Have u tried these varieties be4? _k

    ReplyDelete
  4. edith, looks like so much to do for this trip. Hooray! :D

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  5. edith, looks like so much to do for this trip. Hooray! :D

    Min

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin