Monday, July 18, 2005

Mouse?

I don't know where this name came about, but in Cantonese, we called it 老鼠粉. In some dialect, it is known as Mee Tai Mak or Bee Tai Mak. If I am not wrong, many many years ago, our government did a ban on this noodle. I think the reason was the borox as one of their ingredient. Over time, I believe they improved on the manufacturing method and thus the ban was lifted. Whatever it is, it is easy to cook and easy for the kids to eat as not much chewing is required. Andrea told me it tasted like Udon. It was her first time tasting this 老鼠粉. The satisfaction was that she love it. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin