Thursday, July 21, 2005

Lemony?

I have always love the smell and taste of lemongrass. A cook once told me that only the area around the roots are the best for cooking.

Some people will discard the rest of the stalk but according to her, you can actually save and use it when you are making chicken stock. So here is my Lemongrass Chicken, definitely goes very well with plain fluffy white rice.

Photobucket

What you need

2 chicken breast (I removed skin), according to your choice of sizes
2 stalks of lemongrass (bashed and thinly sliced) (only the white part, nearer to root)
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp honey
1 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp water

Method

Marinate the chicken overnight with the above.

Heat oil in wok, and add the chicken.

Stir fry till meat are "sealed".

Add water and let it simmer till cooked. Increase heat and fry till water reduced.

Serve with rice.

Note: If you like a tinge of spicy, can add chilli.
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks fantastic! Can I have the recipe please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue and eternity, I have added the recipe, hope you like it. Please note that some fish sauce are very salty, add according to your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edith,

    Do you stir fry it or deep fry? Am trying this dish tonight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith,

    I tried already..turn out nice...thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed lemongrass for a dish I wanted to try tomorrow.
    So I went to the grocery store that always has it, well they did not!!!!!
    What can I use instead
    deperate "foody"

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as I know, there isn't any subsitution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As far as I know, there isn't any subsitution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed lemongrass for a dish I wanted to try tomorrow.
    So I went to the grocery store that always has it, well they did not!!!!!
    What can I use instead
    deperate "foody"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin