Monday, July 04, 2005

Is this the one?

I heard so much about Japanese Glutinous Rice Flour being different from the local ones. To kill my curiousity, I asked my sister to get me a packet from Daiso when she was in the vicinity.

Let's see whether this Red Bean Daifuku is any different from the mochi skin that I made some time back.

I have reduce the sugar to 30g to counter balance the sweetness of the red bean paste.

Photobucket

This is the packet of gluntinous rice flour that was from Daiso. Did I use the right one as I seriously doubt about the authencity of this product because it is made in Thailand. Have yet to find out when my hubby next make a trip to Japan.

Photobucket

Verdict: Hubby said it is more chewy.

After a few days lapse of not really functioning in the kitchen. I prepared Minced Pork with Mushroom using a special sauce that mom bought from China.

Photobucket

I got some fresh scallops from the supermarket and I wanted something healthy, we had Broccoli with scallops. To counter balance the steamed broccoli, I used dried scallops to make the sauce.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. edith your red bean daikufu looks so delish and professionally made. When you were making, any difference in the local glutinous rice flour and the one from daiso?

    Min

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin