Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Bother me no more!!!

My daughter and I are plagued by this mucus problem for so long. Whatever medication that claimed to dissolve phlegm, we had tried.

My last resort, I bought a bottle of this chinese herb that is known to clear the phlegm for her.

Photobucket

And also to prepare what my mom once taught me, Double Boiled Lotus Root Juice, known to be good for clearing phlegm and lungs.

Photobucket Photobucket

What you need

8 segment of fresh lotus root
Rock sugar (to taste)
1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
A little water (about 2 tbsp)

Method

Grate lotus root till fine, using a cheese cloth, squeeze out the juice.

Add ginger juice, water and rock sugar to the prepared lotus root juice and double boil it.

Stir till sugar melted and juice slightly thicken.

Pour into two cups and steam it for one and half hour.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Hi Edith,

    Little one bug really strong n stubborn, haiz. Now, elder boy n me also begin to cough non-stop. Well, over here choice of Chinese herbs r really limited. Remembering that u ever posted some recipes for curing phlegm, hence I dropped by again.

    Gotta two questions:
    1) how long do I need to double boil?
    2) fresh lotus roots are rare or seasonal here, can I use frozen one?

    Sorry for taking up your time.

    Thanks,
    Mool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,

    Little one bug really strong n stubborn, haiz. Now, elder boy n me also begin to cough non-stop. Well, over here choice of Chinese herbs r really limited. Remembering that u ever posted some recipes for curing phlegm, hence I dropped by again.

    Gotta two questions:
    1) how long do I need to double boil?
    2) fresh lotus roots are rare or seasonal here, can I use frozen one?

    Sorry for taking up your time.

    Thanks,
    Mool

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin