Sunday, June 05, 2005

Dumplings

Be it Nonya Dumplings, Savoury Dumplings, Red Bean Dumplings or just plain ones, they are all my favourite. I can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and never get sick of it. This year, my mom said she is catching up of age and worried that she won't be able to wrap anymore dumplings for next year. If we wanted to know the technique of wrapping the dumplings, we have to learn by today. So much pressure on me as I have never attempted on this one. My sister and I turned up early, our duties were just to observe and practise. By the end of the "operation", my sister was able to accomplish the task and as for me, I failed so miserably. I was able to comprehend the technique but on the practical note, I simply just couldn't get it into a nice shape. At some point, I even torn the leaf. I gave up. Well, now, at least we have one member in the family who knows the art of wrapping dumplings. One of my favourite, the Red Bean Dumpling. Photobucket Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Hey Edith, keep on learning. It's not as hard as u think. Few years back, I tried to learn how to wrap dumplings & failed miserably. 2 mths back in SG, I decided to conquer the "hardship" & learn from my mom. With determination, I'm sure u will be able to make it like I did :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries edith. At least your sister is a master now. Practice every year. I am sure you can make it! Keep it up edith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with everyone above. It's not really as hard as you think, keep on practicing the art of wrapping the rice dumpling and you will get it one day.

    This is the first time I have seen red bean kee chang, oh well... living in U.S. for too long I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it Edith :)

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin