Saturday, June 18, 2005

Down and out

My hubby who is the strongest in the family, succumbed to our bug as well. I do not know whether it is the weather or perhaps it is the bug.

I therefore quickly brew some Chrysanthemum with Luo Han Guo Tea to ease the sore throat and cough.

Photobucket

There are so many method in brewing chrysanthemum, so while I was at the medical hall, I decided to ask again.

He told me to crack the Luo Han Guo and leave it to soak for 10 mins before boiling.

When the water is at its boiling point, just add in the chrysanthemum and remove from heat.

Soak till the flower "open up" and it is ready to drink. So for the time being, I will follow this method till I hear of another one.

While doing my food inventory stock take, I found a packet of green bean in the cupboard. I remembered my brother in law once said that green bean is able to dispel body heatiness, I decided to give it a try.

Having some durian on hand, I twisted the method a little into Green Bean Soup with Durian.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Edith, very unique...green bean soup with durian...so how did it taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, my neighbours downstairs loved this green bean with durian and they made it very often. but theirs are more sticky, not watery type. they mixed the durian pulp with green beans. and added sago pearls too. and the whole block of flats here got this durian smell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, there are many version to this durian green bean soup. Mine, I added glutinous rice instead of sago coz' my son don't like to gluey stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin