Thursday, May 05, 2005

So easy

I wonder who created fried rice. It is one of the most versatile dish that I have ever known and it is so easy to prepare.

In Singapore, we have got Yang Chow Fried Rice, Salted Fish Fried Rice, Beef Fried Rice and the list goes on and on.

To obtain a good fried rice, try to use overnight rice.

The ingredients should also be diced to the size of a rice grain. Of course, my dicing skill is still far cry from my mom's.

In the past, I have done quite a different varieties of fried rice but tonight, this is my own version of Yang Chow Fried Rice.

Photobucket

What you need:

Overnight rice
Char Siew (diced)
Prawns (diced)
Peas
Corns
Eggs (beaten)
Minced garlic
Salt

Method:

Heat a little oil and stir fry the char siew and then the prawns. Remove.

Heat enough oil to fry garlic till fragrant but not burnt.

Add rice, loosen them with chopsticks.

Add eggs and mixed into rice.

Add char siew, prawns, corns, salt and mixed well.

Lastly add in peas when the rice is ready.

Cover for a few minutes before serving.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. What a coincidence Edith! I was also thinking of cooking fried rice tonight :) For me, I have different versions, depending on what ingredients I have on hand, the most well-liked by Le is Tuna Fried Rice..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. edith, you've done it again :)
    picture very well taken also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith

    This is another blog that I love to view.

    I have been trying to get the kimchi fried rice recipe for quite a while. Any chance that I can get to try out your recipe ?

    My email: catherineake01@yahoo.com.sg

    Thanks!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. edith, you've done it again :)
    picture very well taken also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edith

    This is another blog that I love to view.

    I have been trying to get the kimchi fried rice recipe for quite a while. Any chance that I can get to try out your recipe ?

    My email: catherineake01@yahoo.com.sg

    Thanks!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin