Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Say cheez

Being Asian, and beside Kraft Cheddar Cheese, I was never exposured to other form of cheese when I was little. I remembered my very first encounter with cheese (non Kraft cheese) was at this restaurant in Marco Polo Hotel.

I was dinning with a French customer and having a good time when a gush of wind nearly blown me off my chair. Initially I thought it was him who cannot control (you know what).

Then I realised that, that smell was actually from a trolley and in it, was a wide variety of different types of cheese. Gosh, it was really a turnoff.

It was in my clubbing years and at one of those wine drinking sessions that I rediscovered cheese.

A wine bar that serve really smelly cheese but yet tasted so awefully good. I got hooked to it. I cannot recall the name of that cheese but according to the waiter, it was specially imported for the club.

Few years ago, I chanced upon it in Switzerland. This little restaurant was located in one of the mountain top that is only accessible by a tram ride. We had two big trays to go with our wine!!! Yum yum.

Since then, no matter how smelly that cheese, I never failed to savour them. It is just like durian, don't try won't know how good it can be.

For tonight, we will have Honey Baked Ham with Brie.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I think I shld learn from you... start exploring cheese. Running out of ideas for better sandwich fillings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin