Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My craving

Two years ago, when I was staying in Ho Ching Min, a friend cooked this wonderful Chicken Pho. It was light and healthy bowl of pho.

This was also my first time eating a string of egg yolks. Yeap, a string of eggs yolks!

According to my friend, this is "taken out" just before the chicken lay the eggs. I only took a small bite after hearing that out of politeness.

But that bowl of chicken pho still remains with me till today. A little bit of modification on this one though.

Photobucket

What you need: Pho (substituted with kuay teow)

3 litres of water
Chicken breast meat
Chicken Bones (min 8 chicken breast bones)
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 Knor chicken cube
1 bulb of garlic
1 bulb of ginger (roasted)
Hard boiled eggs
Your choice of vegetable
Pepper and salt to taste

Method:

Roast ginger over a flame.

Add water, roasted ginger, garlic and chicken bones.

Boil for 1/2 hour and add Knor chicken cube and simmer for another 1/2 hour.

Season with fish sauce, pepper and salt.

Poached chicken breast into the stock till just cooked. Do not overcook it or else meat will become tough. Shred.

Cooked Kuay Teow, and garnish with eggs, vegetables, shredded chicken meat.

Due to the erratic weather, I made some Chinese Apple Juice to "moisturise" our throat and lungs.

Photobucket

What you need:

Apples (cored)
Rock Sugar to taste

Method:

Boil for 1 hour.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Edith, ur Pho reminds me of all the Pho I can find here in Vietnamese restaurants, juz that urs look so much more appetising than the ones I see here. My MIL even cooks it at home! U can see how I'm "surrounded" by all the Pho here..hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin