Wednesday, May 04, 2005

From Ipoh?

When I was young and still living in the East Coast, there was this stall that served really good Ipoh Hor Fun. It was owned by my mom's friend and after years of working so hard, they decided to wind up the business.

The sad part was that my mom also lost contact with them. To this very date, I have yet to find any Ipoh Hor Fun that match up to that kind of standard.

Nevertheless, my search for the best will continue. As I am craving for Ipoh Hor Fun, I decided to try cooking one.

Verdict: Not too bad but far from my dream one.

Photobucket

What you need:

Hor Fun (rice noodle)
chicken breast or tigh (steamed and shred)
1 can of chicken broth
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce pepper
4 tbsp corn starch
Your favourite vegetable

Sauce (Method):

Steam your chicken. Keep the juice from the chicken.

Bring chicken broth, fish sauce, soya sauce, the juice from the steaming and pepper to a boil. Adjust the favour to your liking.

Depending on how dark you prefer, add your dark soya sauce accordingly.

After getting the taste right, mix the cornflour with water and slowly pour into your sauce, stirring constantly.

The broth will thickens. I didn't like mine to be so starchy, so tune accordingly.

Cook your noodle, add the shredded chicken, vegetable and then pour the sauce over it.

Serve with a dash of sambal chilli if you prefer it hot.

P/S: I don't have the time to braised mushroom. You might want to add some braised mushroom to it.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. Your Ipoh Hor Fun looks so delicious!! Any chance of sharing your recipe? -lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Edith. I want a plate, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty good by my standards!! I want a plate too!!! ;)k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had ipoh nga choi kai fan (tauke chicken rice) as dinner last night. Like the sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, making me hungry again. :D

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith,

    Thanks for posting your recipe. Hopefully I'll pick up some noodles this weekend and give it a try. Do you think a little dash of oyster sauce and/or Golden Mountain sauce would add more flavor? Or would it change the flavors completely?

    lance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hihi,

    Can share with me where can I find this slim hor fun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edith, making me hungry again. :D

    Min

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin