Thursday, May 19, 2005

Back to baking

As you guys might noticed that I haven't been baking too much lately. Too lazy or no inspiration or no time.... whatever lame reasons that I can think of.

Since, we had a bunch of bananas hanging there and absent mindly, I bought another bunch again. So to clear off some before our weekend getaway, I baked Del's One Bowl Banana Bread and Joanne's Banana Cake (fluffy version).

Verdict: Son loved Del's and hubby prefers Joanne's.

Photobucket


What you need:

300g all-purpose flour
170g sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius. Coat bottom of Loaf Pan with butter.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.

Add remaining ingredients; stir till all ingredients are moistened.

Pour batter into Loaf Pan.

Bake @ 60 mins or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.

Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool for 10 min.

Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan.

Photobucket

What you need

170g butter
170g castor sugar
2 eggs, large
3 tbsp milk
3 large banana
240g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda

Method

Cream butter & sugar

Add eggs, one at a time and beat well

Add milk and banana, mix well

Sift flour, baking powder & bicarbonate soda and add to mixture

Bake at 180 degree celsius for 1 hr
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Crikey! One minute I'm searching the web for things on food, and the next I'm reading this post. I'm not sure that's exactlly what I had in mind, Precious Moments, but I've enjoyed my visit. Now I'm off to try another search on food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your recipe i just tryed to bake this banana cake onlast sunday is very nice
    not too oily

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you like it. btw, which one you tried?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I tried the fluffy version. Both my housemate and I totally adore it! I am going to bake it for my partner the next time. Thanks heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful recipes and absolutely delicious pix!
    Just wondering what kind of bananas did you use for the fluffy cake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Regina for dropping by. I don't really enjoy del monte ones so mine is usually from Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin