Monday, April 04, 2005

Trying out

Lately, I am in the mood to try out new recipes and have been reading up quite alot. Coincidentally, I saw jc mum's post on one of the forum and it looks close to the one that I was reading.

So, finally got hold of my bacon and back to the kitchen to experiment this dish, Coq au Vin.

Verdict: Not bad

Photobucket

What you need:


25g flour
salt and pepper
2 large chicken breast (if you prefer other parts)
50g butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
100g lean bacon, chopped
8 small onions
1 small bay leaf
300ml dry red wine
4 tbsp water
100g fresh mushrooms

Methods:

Season the flour with salt and pepper and use to coat the chicken

Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan and add the chicken

Fry till crisp and golden on all sides. Remove to a plate

Add the chopped onion and bacon to the pan and fry gently until pale gold.

Replace the chicken, and add the small onions, bay leaf, wine and water.

Bring to boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour

Add the mushrooms and simmer for a further 15 mins.

Serve with rice or pasta.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I would really love to try your recipe but I am just wondering. Will adding red wine to a dish cause it to taste sourish? I am not a lover of red wine. I have the habit of adding chinese rice wine to dishes though. :-).

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. the answer is nope, this dish taste good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin