Sunday, April 17, 2005

Tong Shui

After tonight, I will be back into the "super duper wonderwoman" mode again as Hubby will not be home for the next one week. He will be burning out at 37 degress celsius in some part of the world.

Knowing that he most probably will be "dried out" in his nature of job. I fixed a cantonese dessert, Beancurd with Gingko Nut (a combination of beancurd sheets, barley, rock sugar and gingko nut).

This dessert, according to Cantonese, is supposed to "moisturise" our body system. Hopefully, he can last through and be back without any heat rash.

Photobucket

What you need:

1/2 cup Barley
1 pkt Beancurd sheet (those for tong shui and not for deep fried kind).
1 cup Gingko Nut
Rock sugar (accoding to your taste)
8 cups Water Prepreparation
Beancurd sheet soak with tap water (i did it overnite)
Gingko Nut (deshelled, add boiling water to gingko nut so that the skin can be remvoed easily, remove pits)

Note: It is important to remove the pits as eaten at a quantity will be toxic.

Method

Add barley, beancurd sheet, gingko nut and rock sugar.

Boil at high heat till bubbles appear and then lower heat to med and simmer for 1 hour.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! I love this dessert, care to mail me some??? Desperately needing something to moisturise my body as I'm popping pimples out on my nose...hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith
    Can you post the recipe? I love this dessert.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin