Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thai Dessert?

Whenever I patronised a Thai Restaurant. Two items that I would not missed are the Tom Yam Gong and Steamed Tapioca (without the coconut cream).

I remembered days that my husband and I would cycle into some forestry area in Woodlands and pick wild tapiocas.

Being a city girl, of course, I would not know what is what and which is which. Nevertheless, such trips always amazed me.

Sadly to say, this area has since been flattened out to build more concrete buildings. At least I still have my sweet memories. What about my kids?

Verdict: A little too sweet but overall texture just nice.

Photobucket \

What you need

1kg cooked Tapioca (peeled and cut into whatever length you like but make sure it fits into your pot)
2 cups of water
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup (brown sugar)

Method:

Melt sugar with water. Add in the golden syrup once the sugared water starts to boil.

Add cooked tapioca and simmer for about 15 mins.

As I do not take coconut milk, I serve it with cream or milk.

P/S: If you don't have golden syrup or brown sugar, leave it out
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. I'm so hungry now, it looks good to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi... my mom would love this dessert... do you mind sharing the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi... my mom would love this dessert... do you mind sharing the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin