Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Before it shutdown

My housing estate is having a mini upgrading. They are replacing old power cables with new ones. So I have been putting up with lots of noise pollution for the past couple of weeks.

This week, the contractor will be replacing a new power unit, so there will be temporary power shutdown for two days in each units. Today is our turn.

Back to food, there is this particular stall that we patronised that served really delicious pork chop with mashed potatoes. Not only the presentation is different from others, the price is also reasonable.

What we heard is that the chef was formerly from a reputable hotel. Since this can be pre-prepared, I did this ahead of dinner time.

Verdict: Everyone love it.

Photobucket

After our wonderful dinner and since tomorrow will be my last babysitting session. I promised Andrea that I will bake something nice for her.

She is such a doll to her sisters, Samantha and Megan. Always so compromising and generous. One of my children's favourite playmate.

I baked the Japanese Cheesecake again, but this time, I filled it in muffin cups (less messy for kids).

Photobucket

Initially, I wanted to do a butter cake, but decided on Glad's Cheddar Cheese Loaf instead.

Verdict: For my family, I will need to reduce the sugar and add more cheese. Overall, light and fluffy.

Photobucket

What you need:

250g butter
210g sugar
4 eggs
80g cheddar cheese
100ml milk
280g flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder

Method

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add in egg (one at a time) and cream till smooth and light.

Add shredded cheddar cheese and mix till well combined.

Add in milk, sifted flour + baking powder and mix till well combined.

Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 45 minutes or till done.

Notes: If may want to sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of the cake before putting it for baking.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. I like the cheddar cheesecake in cups. They look so cute and certainly a treat to kids. Photos were nicely taken too. Think you took them at the balcony huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have to try baking this Japanese Cheesecake, they look really good as cupcakes..good idea Edith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edith, love your Jap cheesecake. Yum...

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder how you find the time to do so much baking & cooking....Envy the children you took care of :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edith
    Wow....your blog definitely looks impressive....delicious pics of food too, Slurp,Slurp.........

    Chawanmushi
    Cecily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice food...very nice. What's the purple veg?

    I also baked the jap cheesecake for a friend's farewell party. I agree that with kids, small cupcakes/muffins are much easier for them to handle!! Well done....recipe leh???? _k

    ReplyDelete
  7. K, the purple veg is beetroot. Nice and sweet. My favourite.

    As for the recipe, let me check whether I can posted it.

    Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... u did all those in a day, edith? Kow-tow u man! respect! So nice and yummy looking somemore :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin