Friday, April 15, 2005

Am I going mad?

I bought a big yam and was asking among my cyber friends what I can do with it. The list was never ending but finally Mellie offered this recipe of Golden Yam Brownies taken from recipegoldmine.com. I have done a little modification to suit my family's taste.

I took on because it is totally new to me and seems interesting enough for me to attempt it.

Result: Thanks Mellie! Expect a slice from the mail!!

Photobucket

What you need:

112g butter
87g packed brown sugar
100g white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
112g all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups peeled and finely shredded yam

Methods:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.

Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.

Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the batter just until blended.

Fold in the shredded yam. Spread the batter evenly in the greased baking dish.

Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center, comes out clean.

Serve hot or warm.

PART II


Since I was left very much alone in kitchen while my two little ones humour themselves, I took the opportunity and continued making some Durian Pockets and Sausage Rolls.

Min, I finally remembered to get those puff pastry from the supermarket today!!!!

Result: You are right, Min, the kids loved it! As for the Durian Pockets, I need to readjust the sweetness for the fillings.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Durian Pockets

I don't have a recipe because the puff pastry, i got it in the supermarket.

As for the filling:

Steam the durian pulps and sugar till golden brown (over a double boiler).

P/S: Some durian are sweet, so adjust sugar according to your liking.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. Edith, all your food look so yummy. Making me hungry. :D

    Min

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, they looked delicious! One of these days, I will pester you to teach me how to make the durian pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is my slice? I will be checking my mailbox :P hehe... told u u can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith, they looked delicious! One of these days, I will pester you to teach me how to make the durian pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, all your food look so yummy. Making me hungry. :D

    Min

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin