Friday, March 11, 2005

My two friends

N, J and myself are meeting up for dinner. It has been months since I last saw N. A good opportunity too for me to get away from home and have some personal time on my own. I haven't been doing this for a long long time.

Brewed some red dates and wolfberries drink for J as the poor girl doesn't know how to cook except for instant noodle. Decided to bake a Banana Chocolate Cake for them.

Verdict: A nice moist cake with a tinge of sour cream frosting

Photobucket

What you need:

225g unsalted butter
170g castor sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup banana, mashed
1/3 cup yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1¾ cup all purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
200g dark chocolate
1/3 cup whipping cream

Method

Melt chocolate and whipping cream over double boiler.

Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add eggs one at a time followed by mashed bananas.

Add yoghurt and vanilla essence.

Add melted chocolate.

Sift together flour, salt and baking soda and fold into the batter.

Pour into a greased and floured 22 cm cake pan.

Bake at 180oC for about 50 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Edith
    You are getting better and better!!! Your cake looks so delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i am interested to try this recipe. Can you convert to metric please (ml and grams). Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith
    I love your blog and am constantly checking new recipes from you. I had tried a few and this recipe is really a keeper. Awesome taste. I also prefer my cakes to have the sugar reduced. But some of them that tasted my cakes feel that its lacking in sugar.
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
    Jennifer@Sweet Indulgence

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin