Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I did it!

I have always love this dish. Eversince cooking becomes part of my daily routine and for the past one and half years, I never did master the technique of braising.

But today, I finally did it. Braised Pork with egg.

Verdict: Good

Photobucket

What you need

1 kg pork belly (cleaned and wiped dry)
5 slices of ginger
3 clove garlic
3 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp oil
1 cinnamon stick
3 anise seeds
1 cup of light soy sauce (or lesser if prefer less salty)
5 tbsp dark soy sauce
Water

Method:

Heat oil, add in the sugar, stir over small flame. Allow the sugar to caramelise to a golden brown liquid in the oil.

Add in the ginger slices, garlic, cinnamon stick and anise seeds.

Add in the pork belly (skin side up) and allow it to sear and be coated with the caramelised sugar.

Add in light and dark soy sauce till 1/5 level of the pork belly.

Add water till it covers the pork belly.

Allow to boil.

Turn down heat and braise for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.

Turn the pork belly over and simmer for another 1 hour. Top up water if level is low.

Once pork is tender, increase heat to thicken sauce.

(or if you prefer more sauce, serve immediately)
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Edith! Wondering when can I make cooking part of my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very delicious looking edith. i am sure your family enjoyed that very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Edith! Wondering when can I make cooking part of my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin