Saturday, February 05, 2005

This Chinese New Year

Since my grandma died many years ago. My dad and his siblings take turn to host the Annual Get Together.

This year, it is my dad's turn. Since my mom hasn't been well since the beginning of 2004, we told her to take a break for this forthcoming Chinese New Year preparation.

My sister and I decided to bake some goodies for my mom instead. On our list were Cheddar Cheese Cookies, Melting Moments, Pistachios Cookies , Pineapple Tarts and Cocoa Cookie.

The day begins with Melting Moments and Cheddar Cheese Cookies. Was pretty successful in achieving what we wanted. Then followed by obstacles. The pistashios didn't want to stick onto the cookies after baking. The pineapply tart pastry wasn't very co-operative, we didn't get to shape the crust as the way we intended to. The White Mocha Cookie turned into Cocoa Cookie coz' we couldn't get the instant coffee to be finer and decided to add cocoa powder instead and also the dough was way too soft to handle.

Nevertheless, we managed to work round it and finished up. It was like a day of baking marathons with lots of anxiety. I was totally exhausted by the end of the day.

My dear hubby said that it will be less time and effort used by just grabbing a few cans from the bakery. But will I be contended with that? I don't think so.

Our achievements:

Melting Moments

Photobucket

Pistaschio Cookies

Photobucket

Cocoa Cookies

Photobucket

Cheddar Cheese Pooh Cookies

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin